3870 Gateway Boulevard
Columbus, Ohio 43228
Announcement: 25 April 1998
Groundbreaking and Site Dedication: 12 September 1998 by John K. Carmack
Public Open House: 21–28 August 1999
Dedication: 4–5 September 1999 by Gordon B. Hinckley
Site: 1.35 acres.
Exterior Finish: Imperial Danby White variegated marble quarried from Vermont.
Ordinance Rooms: Two ordinance rooms (two-stage progressive) and two sealing.
Total Floor Area: 10,700 square feet.
The Columbus Ohio Temple is located 150 miles south of Kirtland, Ohio, where the restored Church dedicated its first temple in 1836. The temple stands in a wooded area of western Columbus adjacent to a meetinghouse in the Columbus Ohio Stake. The beautiful white Vermont marble facing on the exterior was quarried near Sharon, Vermont, the birthplace of the Prophet Joseph Smith.
The Columbus Ohio Temple is the first of the currently operating temples built in Ohio and the second of the latter-day temples built in Ohio, following the Kirtland Temple (1836).